Re: Re: rendering the burmese unicode font MPH Yangon

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 Paul Wise wrote :
[...]
>On debian, only gaim puts files there (according to apt-file).

Yeah, I noticed that. But whoever translated that file must have
had access to fonts, keymaps, etc.

>I'm in semi-regular contact with people from Burma who are involved in
>Burma Indymedia[1], only problem is that they are used to dealing with
>Burmese ASCII fonts rather than Unicode. I suppose it would be
>possible to come up with some kind of font -> Unicode translator in
>order to facilitate this, not sure how feasible this is. I've a
>couple of other contacts who might be able to help with the Burmese
>side.

This is actually not too difficult if one has knowledge of the
language. We did this for Oriya, and one of these days I will
get around to making a GUI wrapper for the Perl scripts to semi-
automate the process. Let me know if people are really interested
in this.
  I notice that Ngwe Tun has also replied in detail to this, so
hopefully things are going fine on the Burmese front.

Regards,
Gora