Re: rendering the burmese unicode font MPH Yangon

Dear Group,

I would like to express current status of Myanmar Localization.

1) Encoding (Status Unstable)
Unicode UTN#11 (http://www.unicode.org/notes/tn11/) have some issues in Medial Character and Kinzi Character.
Myanmar NLP Lab (http://www.mcf.org.mm/unicode) or (http://www.myanmars.net/unicode) proposed Additional Myanmar Characters such as semi-vowels ( http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n2827.pdf) and Minority Ethnic Characters (http://std.dkuug.dk/jtc1/sc2/wg2/docs/n2768r.pdf ). So We were waiting from approval of ISO IEC SC2/WG2 and Unicode.org

2) Fonts (Status - Partly complete)
TrueType with PUA (Totally supported by Pango/GTK+ by fully support of M17N Rendering Engine) http://www.m17n.org
OpenType was developed by Myanmar NLP Lab (There are some issues are not agree with UTN11 because Kinzi encoding was modified as kinzi = Myanmar Letter NGA (1004)+ VIRAMA (1039) + ZERO WIDH JOINER (ZWJ) )

3) Locale (Status - Totally complete)
Locale Setting was developed by Ngwe Tun (ngwestar gmail com) joined with Myanmar NLP Lab.

4) Collation (Status - Partly complete but not fully tested)
Collation setting was developed Keith (http://www.thanlwinsoft.org) closely joined working by Myanmar NLP Lab.

5) Gnome Translation (Status - Started but can't standardized)
Several person involved in Interface translation. They did their favour terminology. There are not available standard computer terminology reference.

6) Keyboard (Status - Partly complete with SCIM Keyboard Helper)
Myanmar Keyboard facilitated by M17N Engine (*.mim) which currently supported by SCIM Engine. And Also Keith developed SCIM-KMFL Modules. So we can type burmese character properly in GTK+ application.

7) http://fixedsys.org/~node_ue/fonts/ Issues
I have downloaded and tested their developed Myanmar Opentype font. They are reproduction of MyaZedi, Myanmar commercial Font. MyaZedi downloaded version ( http://www.etrademyanmar.com/Extras/MyaZedi.ttf) have some spacing issues that made by Font Developer. I've confirmed to pabs in last week. Definitely, I can figure out that can be fixed in Font. I can support new opentype font (Under GPL License) which is developed by Myanmar NLP Lab.

And MPH Yangon are not fully compatible with UTN11 and some features are missing complex encoding. I can provide some missing rendering issues for MPH Yangon.

I've informed to pabs some locale information data. But He don't care on our effort in Myanmar localization.

So, anyone want to need more information, contact me or contact to mcf mail4u com mm. We are hoping to get technical support from gtk experienced group.

Regards

Ngwe Tun