RE: Problem in rendering indic fonts

Thanks Manjunath,

Actually i have gone thru the links which u have mentioned.
I have even tried installing IndLinux-Hindi-0.73. Here all the necessary
locales & fonts for hindi and other 6 more Indian languages are available.

To tell my experience, I have installed DirectFB in order to achieve display
with out the need of an X server, as such font rendering & layouting is taken
care of by pango only, which actually doesnt depend on any xfs as far as i
know. My thinking could be wrong also, if so pls correct me.

One more experience with X Server with no Frame buffer, i tried on "gedit" to
display indic fonts, but i failed, all of my locales & fonts are avialbale.
 I have INDIC fonts only. But where does pango looks for the proper fonts &
locales when it comes to rendering text? This answer will be very crucial for
my work. Also How to make "gedit" to display indic fonts?? if you can clear my
second doubt also, it will be of great help.

Thank you very much in advance, I expect your reply at the earliest.

With regards,
Bheemesh.