Ink and Logical rectangles in Pango

Hi,

Pango APIs often talk about two rectangles of glyph-
ink and logical rectangle. I'm trying to understand
the function pango_layout_line_get_extents()

Although it asks to look for documentation of
pango_font_get_glyph_extents() for details about the
interpretation of the rectangles, there is nothing
much there except the information that the coordinate
system for each rectangle has its origin at the base
line.

Can someone please explain me the terminologies - "the
logical and ink extents of a glyph"?

Thanks.
Jyotirmoy