Re: GTK 2. and immodule problem.

Hi,

That's great, I do think that, using ctype value to determine the default IMModule is a good approach.

Also, thanks for the "GTK_IM_MODULE="gtk-im-context-simple" hint, it definitely what I'm looking for :)

Regards,
Zarick

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 22:59, Owen Taylor wrote:
On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 03:29, Zarick Lau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just upgrade gtk to 2.2.4 from 2.2.1 a few days ago, and I notice
> a strange behaviour.
>
> Before the upgrade, it seems that the gtk will not take any IM module
> as default
> but after the upgrade, it keeps using a immodule scim as the default
> im module.
>
> The env. setting for mine is follows.
> 1. LANG=en_US.UTF-8
> 2. LC_CTYPE=zh_HK.UTF-8
> 3. LANGUAGE=en_US
> 4. GTK_IM_MODULE= (Not Set)
>
> Would you give me any hints? If taking a "reasonable" defaults is the
> correct behaviours, then, how can I set the default IMModule as
> nothing?

Between GTK+-2.2.2 and GTK+-2.2.4 GTK+ was changed to select the input
module based on LC_CTYPE rather than LC_MESSAGES.

So, apparently the 'scim' module claims it should be the default module
for 'zh'.

If you don't think this is right, you can either:

 - Change the module not to claim 'zh'
 - Set GTK_IM_MODULE to the value you want ... apparently
   gtk-im-context-simple