I am trying to compile Pango 1.2.5 on Linux 2.4.22. As a preliminary, I
downloaded and built expat 1.95.6, which first installed itself into

Pango configured itself without problems, but some time into the build I got
an error saying that /usr/lib/ could not be found. After some
messing around, I finally decided to reconfigure expat to install into /usr/lib;
I uninstalled it and re-built it, reconfigured Pango and started the build
again. Well, guess what, after some time I got:

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -Wall  -o
-rpath /usr/local/lib -version-info 200:5:200 -Wl,--export-dynamic
-L/usr/local/lib -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0     pangoft2.lo
pangoft2-fontmap.lo module-defs-ft2.lo opentype/
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -lfontconfig   -lfreetype -lz
grep: /usr/local/lib/ No such file or directory
/bin/sed: can't read /usr/local/lib/ No such file or directory
libtool: link: `/usr/local/lib/' is not a valid libtool archive

Why is libtool trying to find in /usr/local/lib now?! Is it
trying to annoy me? What exactly is the stupid thing I'm doing? I would be
extremely grateful for any pointers.

Jetzt kostenlos anmelden unter