Re: Sending input context to XIM server

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 03:24:29AM +0900, TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 22:21:34 +0600
> Anuradha Ratnaweera <ARatnaweera virtusa com> wrote:
>
> > We have successfully created a XIM server which can receive keystrokes
> > and commit strings to the client.  We are trying to figure out two
> > issues to proceed forward:
> >
> > - Does GTK provide callbacks for the XIM server to find out the
> > characters around the cursor? (so that we can do context dependent
> > substitutions etc.)
>
>  Gtk+ has a function, gtk_im_context_get_surrounding. So immodules can
> get charactlers around the cursor. But, XIM immmodule doesn't use this
> function.
>  After all, your XIM server cannot know the characters around the caret.

How about Bug #101814 ?

Anyway, due to the complexity of XIM protocol, I think doing an immediate
gtk-im module is a more feasible solution (e.g. Bug #81031).

Since this work has taken a terribly long time to finish, I've made some
note to prevent myself from forgetting the details, hoping it's somehow
informative:
  http://linux.thai.net/thep/th-xim/
You may skip the Thai-specific parts.

Regards,