Re: Pango: font properties?

Hi Noah,

Thanks greatly for your response :-)
----- Original Message -----

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 12:26:11 -0700, Zitan Broth wrote:
> >
> > I was looking through:
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/pango/pango-Fonts.html and it kinda
looks like you can (maybe with pango_font_metrics_get_approximate_char_width
() ) but I was wondering if anyone could either give me a dummies approach
or point me to an example of how to call this and let me know this is
possible ...

> I think you found your answer. The other option is to lay out a character
and measure it in each font.

Great looks like I've got the right idea.  Is there like a "man" page for
Pango or some examples that will give me a better idea how to call it (from
the command line I guess), because I'm not so good at working from docs?
I'll be calling it from PHP ;-)

It seems Pango is quite powerful if you can do what you have suggested.
This sounds more effective, but possible more complicated so I might go with
the char_width approximation to begin with :-)

Thanks again,
Zitan.