Re: Hyphenation Design (Was Re: Possible Pango 1.4 ideas)

On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 23:14, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> One question that just occurred to me is if layout-generated characters
> in the PangoLayout (or, if you want, PangoSuperDuperLayout) like hypens
> or ZWNBSPs inserted for kerning won't interfere with uses of PangoLayout
> for visual navigation like gtk_text_layout_move_iter_visually() does ?

Yes, cursor navigation doesn't work quite right around inserted hyphens
at present. So it will need a bit of tweaking.

Hopefully it is just the cursor stuff I have to fix. I don't know if
there are other hidden assumptions in the code that will break. (I
haven't noticed any yet.)

Damon