Re: Heads up on Pango HEAD
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Arnaud Charlet <charlet ACT-Europe FR>
- Cc: Keith Packard <keithp keithp com>, Erwann Chenede <Erwann Chenede Sun COM>, gtk-devel-list gnome org, otaylor redhat com, gtk-i18n-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Heads up on Pango HEAD
- Date: 05 Jun 2002 12:04:22 -0400
Arnaud Charlet <charlet ACT-Europe FR> writes:
> I still find this never ending list of added dependencies for the *core*
> gtk very annoying. Not everyone uses GNOME, and not everyone uses Linux
> (or Solaris for that matter), so what about other systems ?
What are the alternatives?
- don't move to client-side fonts and stay in the stone ages
- use a different client-side font system from everyone else, so
users see different fonts in gtk apps and in their other apps
- somehow move fonts out of the core of gtk?
Make a constructive suggestion...
] [Thread Prev