- From: Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh sharif edu>
- To: GTK i18n <gtk-i18n-list gnome org>
- Cc: developer arabeyes org
- Subject: Right-to-left Gnome
- Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:36:35 +0430 (IRST)
I just saw a screen shot from the Arabic translation of Gnome 2 at:
Which clearly has two major problems, one is that the widgets are not
mirrored and the other is underlining breaks Arabic joining.
About the first, I remember Robert Brady telling me he had a patch for
mirroring GTK widgets, but unfortunately the guy has disappeared from the
Net. Does anyone have such a patch? Is there any chance of inclusion into
GTK? (I can take responsibility.)
And about the latter, does anyone have a clue about the possible source
and how to fix that? I just wanted to ask before jumping to code.
] [Thread Prev