Re: Font Problems

Eric Mader <mader jtcsv com> writes:

> At 05:47 AM 8/24/2002, Owen Taylor wrote:
> >We should most likely accept "well formed but useless" tables. Can
> >you provide your patch so I can take a look at it?
> >
> >                                         Owen
>
> Here is the patch. It contains some extra debugging statements, and
> has the old code partly #if 0'd out... The basic idea is that it will
> only fail if there are no valid scripts in the file.

I think the basic idea is OK; in detail:

 - A new TTO_Err should be defined, maybe:

   TTO_Err_No_Langs_in_Script

   And we should only ignore that error, and no other errors.
   We shouln't accept script tables that are invalid for other
   reason than having no languages in them.

 - Doesn't sl->ScriptCount needs to be adjusted if you ignore scripts?

 - I think it gets unreadable with m,n,o -- maybe just use
   sl->ScriptCount for what you are using 'o' for in your patch?