Re: About GTK2 and i18n (Chinese)

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 11:58:42PM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Xuedong Zhang <zxd auda bu edu> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >   When using GTK2 , I found that I cann't use chinput (Chinese XIM) to input
> > the chinese.
>
> It's possible that if chinput only supports over-the-spot, and
> not the on-the-spot or root-window styles, then it might not
> work properly with GTK+-2.
>
> What behavior do you observe?

When start the example in the examples/text/ directory, I too cannot
call Chinput out. The example uses the GtkText widget which of course
is deprecated. Since gtk_init now calls gtk_set_locale by default, I
don't see anything special have to be done in order to make GtkText
XIM awared.

Chinput does support root-window style.

No problem with TextView+TextBuffer and Entry widget.

--
Best regard
hashao