Re: CJK in basic-ft2

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Shane Nay wrote:

> With GTK under X CJK fonts works great, however, under DirectFB I'm
> not having any luck.  What I know about UTF8 and internationalization
> in general could probably fit in all of 100 neuron connections, so I
> was hoping someone would have some ideas.
>
> Someone noted when I asked this question on the DirectFB list that it
> was probably related to the difference between basic-ft2 & basic-x
> (?).  Which on analysis looked about right.  The fonts are getting
> accessed, so it sees them, it's just not deciding to use them.
> Anyway, here's the message I sent to the DirectFB list yesterday, if
> you have any insight into the problem I would appreciate it :).
>
> Thanks,
> Shane Nay.
>
> <begin message to DFB list>
>
> I'm probably missing the boat here somewhere, but I've compiled up
> the new version of GTK+/DirectFB (2.0.0), and can't seem to get CJK
> fonts to render.  The relevant versions are as such-
>
> DirectFB-0.9.9
> freetype-2.0.5
> pango-1.0.1
> glib-2.0.1
> atk-1.0.1
> gtk+-directfb-2.0.0
>
> Using gtk+ X11 I have no problems with the same versions of
> everything.  (Both gtk+-2.0.0 and gtk+-2.0.2 in X11 mode work fine)
>
> Following a strace through the running of the program I can see it
> access the appropriate fonts but it doesn't seem to notice they are
> appropriate.  (They are truetype BTW)  Anyway, any hints would be
> appreciated.
>
> </end message to DFB list>

Did you set up your XftConfig file (what PangoFT2 uses for config) so that
the "sans", "serif" and "mono" aliases points to a list of fonts that
include one that support CJK?

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a jaded devious assassin from the 'hood. She's a mentally unstable punk
fairy princess from out of town. They fight crime!