Re: Pango Unicode coverage

Hi,
There is a TTF font released by Founder Corp. China, which includes more
than 70000 characters. Please visit:

http://www.founder.com.cn/fontweb/chanpinzl/CP_chaoda.htm

and

http://www.founder.com.cn/fontweb/chanpinzl/FA_chaoda.htm

to get the detailed information for that font (It's in Chinese).

The font uses *surrogate* space in Unicode to encode those characters. I
think it should use UTF-16 as its internal encoding. According the
article, Windows 2000 has support it.

This font is included in Office XP (at least in its Chinese Version).
The font size is 40M bytes. Here is the ftdump output for this font:

    font name table entries

    Simsun (Founder Extended) - Version 1.00
    PostScript name: FZSY--SURROGATE-0
    Copyright(c) Founder Corporation.2000
    By Founder Corporation. 'ąc

    character map encodings

    There are 3 encodings:
    encoding 0: Apple Roman
    encoding 1: Windows Unicode
    encoding 2: Windows Unknown value 10

    ftxcmap test

    There are 3 encodings:
    encoding 0:
    first: glyph index 1, character code 0x0
    next: glyph index 0, character code 0x1
    last: glyph index 191, character code 0xff
    encoding 1:
    first: glyph index 1, character code 0x20
    next: glyph index 2, character code 0x21
    last: glyph index 0, character code 0xffff
    encoding 2:
    first: glyph index 0, character code 0xffffffff
    next: glyph index 0, character code 0xffffffff
    last: glyph index 0, character code 0xffffffff

    Memory footprint statistics:

    525981 Bytes ( 514 kByte): face object
    7835 Bytes ( 8 kByte): glyph object
    1356 Bytes ( 2 kByte): instance object
    15639 Bytes ( 16 kByte): exec. context object

    550811 Bytes ( 538 kByte): total memory usage

James Su