Re: port to gtk+ 1.3.x?

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 10:59:21AM +0000, Keyur Shroff wrote:
> You can
> get rid of pressing Alt key by disabling XKB method. To do that edit
> your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file and uncomment the line
>
>    Option  "XkbDisable"
>
> in InputDevice section of keyboard. Here I assume that you are using
> XFree86 4.0 or later.

i tried that but now i can't type hindi at all.  i'm running XFree86 4.1.0.

Isn't XKB the future?  Does the XKB stuff work or is it horribly broken?

> Also you'll have to change line in your xmodmap file. Change
> from
>  keycode 0x71 =  Alt_R           Meta_R
>  keycode 0x71 =  Mode_switch     XF86ModeLock

Yah, i tried this and i tried:

  keycode 0x71 = Mode_switch Multi_key

The other thing i noticed is that something deep inside KDE hangs for
about 20 seconds after the initial xmodmap.  After 20 seconds, KDE
starts working again but the hang is somewhat disturbing.

> You can see the keycodes of the keys on your keyboard using 'xev'
> utility.

Yes.

--
Victory to the Divine Mother!!         after all,
  http://sahajayoga.org                  http://why-compete.org