Re: Thai/Devanagari in GNOME Terminal

Hi Robert,

]
] On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Chookij Vanatham wrote:
]
] > Then, if we are going to display those invalid sequence with U+FFFD
] > (this is fine by me too) does it mean that wcwidth() is enough to check
] > if which vowel/tonemark is the valid sequence without checking the type of
] > previous character.
] >
] > Another reason, this checking for invalid sequence for the display,
] > shouldn't it be in the engine, rather than in terminal ?
] > That's why I think that we should use Pango..... ?
]
] Arguably. But checking for this sort of sequence and flagging them somehow
] is not so difficult.
]
] I'll put this on my TODO list for xterm. To confirm, this is for all cases
] where
]
]   [0E48-0E4B] is followed by [0E31,0E34-0E3A] ?
]
This is not all the cases.
I'll be sending them to you tomorrow.

Chookij V.