Re: Non-BDF Devanagari Support in Pango

    Chookij> Should Pango be able to support all necessary various kinds of
    Chookij> fonts even the ultimate goal font is OpenType ?

One possible approach, rather idealistic, that occured to me this morning is
that once we get the tools, have volunteers change existing TTF fonts to OTF
and provide binary patches for commercial fonts to avoid copyright violations.
This way Pango doesn't get cluttered with font-specific rendering code.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab            Cinema, radio, television, magazines are a
New Mexico State University       school of inattention: people look without
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL             seeing, listen without hearing.
Las Cruces, NM  88003                            -- Robert Bresson