Steps in porting standard gtk program to pango-gtk ..

I was trying to port a working gtk program to pango-gtk but am facing problem in displaying UTF8 char sequences.
Does data to gdk_fontset_load(xlfd_font) need some extra messaging ? I have a CLists made from gchar * (containing UTF8 sequence) which are not rendered onto the window properly. The ASCII portions are rendered well but not the multibyte portions. The some file is rendered properly using ./pango-viewer or ./testtext .

Any help will be appreciated.
-swapan

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com