Re: A bug report: Pango cannnot handle some CJK character sets

>I assume that the problem is that it doesn't support _fonts_
>encoded with these character sets, since these characters will
>display fine if you have an iso10646 encoded font with these
>characters.

Well, fallback to iso646 would be not bad for those characters which are not
caught as native encoding fonts, but I would prefer to treat
some more well-known native fonts and charsets such as jisx0212,jisx0201,
cns11643-*, big5, as well as existing ones.

>Fixing this is actually very simple - it basically only requires
>modifications to pango/modules/basic/tables_big.i, and a few lines
>of additions to pango/modules/basic/basic.c to support the additional
>encodings. (You need equivalents to conv_euc())
>
>At one point I had added JISx0212 and BIG5 support - it took
>me about 5 minutes, but I don't seem to have that patch around
>any more.

I want that for testing. Can you please find and post it

thanks,
-toshi