Re: A bug report: Pango cannnot handle some CJK character sets

I assume that the problem is that it doesn't support _fonts_
encoded with these character sets, since these characters will
display fine if you have an iso10646 encoded font with these
characters.

Fixing this is actually very simple - it basically only requires
modifications to pango/modules/basic/tables_big.i, and a few lines
of additions to pango/modules/basic/basic.c to support the additional
encodings. (You need equivalents to conv_euc())

At one point I had added JISx0212 and BIG5 support - it took
me about 5 minutes, but I don't seem to have that patch around
any more.