Re: linkification warnings

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 11:13:56PM +0200, Stefan Kost wrote:
> Am 19.12.2009 13:11, schrieb David Nečas:
> >
> > Also, for some reason FooClass does not end up in -sections.txt
> > generated with --rebuild-sections.  I'm not sure if it's my fault or
> > a policy to exclude them or a bug (AFAICT when gtk-doc generated
> > -sections.txt it has never put FooClass there so it might be a policy).
> > I add them with a script at present to be able to document virtual
> > methods...
>
> I am not aware of any policy.

I've found it.  gtkdoc-scan.in, about line 700:

    # Take out any object structs from the list of declarations as we don't
    # want them included.
    my ($object);
    foreach $object (@objects) {
    $list =~ s/^$object\n//m;
    $list =~ s/^${object}Class\n//m;
    $list =~ s/^${object}Iface\n//m;
    $list =~ s/^${object}Interface\n//m;
    }

Funny thing it also removes the object (not just the class and
interface), but since the object is already twice in the list and the
s/// is not global, one copy of the object survives.

I will file a bug but...

Yeti