Re: Making HTML XHTML compliant

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 10:41:56PM +0300, Stefan Kost wrote:
> actually in trunk I started to work on adding configure option to select output
> formats. I need to refactor the stylesheets a bit. I could then offer xhtml as a
> format. I am a bit unsure about switching to xhtml by default. No idea what kind
> of thin gs people do with their docs and if that would cause trouble for them.

As someone who processes gtk-doc output, uses custom CSSs and have tried
all kinds of approaches from sed&perl kluges to keeping a separate XSLT
in somehow sync with the gtk-doc's, I can conclude that whatever you do
it breaks with each bloody new gtk-doc version anyway.  So, no need to
worry.  This is the Linux kernel internal interface approach.

The other approach would be to really declare a stable output format and
then keep it, but I don't think this is realistic.

Anything between means you both worry about breaking it and break it...

Yeti