Re: releasing 1.9 soon...

On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 07:35:11PM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> Here is one problem I found today while trying to do a gtk 2.12.0 release with
> svn gtk-doc:
>
> This comes from the following part of gtk-doc.make:
>
> distclean-local:
>         cd $(srcdir) && \
>           rm -rf xml $(REPORT_FILES) \
>                  $(DOC_MODULE)-decl-list.txt $(DOC_MODULE)-decl.txt
>         case "x $(SCAN_OPTIONS) " in \
>           *' --rebuild-types '*) rm -f $(srcdir)/$(DOC_MODULE).types;; \
>         esac
>         case "x $(SCAN_OPTIONS) " in \
>           *' --rebuild-sections '*) rm -f
> $(srcdir)/$(DOC_MODULE)-sections.txt;; \
>         esac

Ah, and I thought how clever I was and instead I made the
textbook make expansion mistake...

> Any chance to make that work with existing uses of gtk-doc before
> releasing 1.9 ?

Of course, except that all methods I can imagine to check
the content of a make variable in a rule scriptlet are
non-portable or break in some cases.

The only method that would in the worst case just fail to
see the option seems to be extracting the value of the
variable from Makefile with sed.  And that's rather silly.

Well, it's always possible to distribute the files even if
they are generated and useless.

Yeti

--
http://gwyddion.net/