Re: gtk-doc and preprocessor statements

Hi,

I had a look at the sources. I belive gtk-doc is only dealing with #ifdef #endif section in the case of deprecated api. beside that its skipping them. Passing some defines to handle them would need real #if and #ifdef parsing. Have a look at gtkdoc-scan.in.

Stefan

Quoting Philip Kovacs <kovacsp3 comcast net>:

I'm using gtk-doc 1.8.  Am I correct that gtk-doc cannot really
use preprocessor statements to conditionally build certain parts
of the documentation?  I am interested in forms such as this:

.h file:
-------

#ifdef HAVE_FOO
/**
 * Foo:
 * @param1: etc.
 * @param2: etc.
 *
 * Description of Foo.
 **/
typedef void (*FooCallback) (void *param1, void *param2);
#endif

(i.e. where the entire definition is omitted from the docs if HAVE_FOO
 isn't defined).

Phil