Re: any problems with the top navigation bar left?

Hi Matthias,

Matthias Clasen wrote:
On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 01:54 +0200, Stefan Kost wrote:

hey, I am working on a laptop with just 1024x768 and its okay. Anyway
would be cool to find a way to allow the user to override the
stylesheet. Maybe the style.css should be in /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/
and not in /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/<package>/.
Then the user could replace that one and it will affect all docs. We
could have severla version there and use a symlink pointing to the one
in use. (will put that on the wiki too).

1024x768 is not really small, even today. 800x600 would be a
more realistic target. If you are willing to use a little bit of
javascript, you can use different stylesheets, depending on the
size of the browser window
(http://www.themaninblue.com/experiment/ResolutionLayout/ is an example of that approach).

Matthias

IMHO 1024x768 is already a bit small for a developer. Anyway just for the records, devhelp does support javascript too. So this actually can be done. The nice thing is that it opens door for lots of other things. E.g. dynamically hiding blocks. Means we should have a icon inside boxes to collapse/expand them (like the TOC in mediawiki pages).

Stefan