Re: where to put documentation for defines, structs (gobject classes), enums etc.

... and another answer,

it sometimes helps to do 'rm docs/reference/*.stamp'.
The defines, structs and so on can be documented in the source ;-)
Remains the question, if these sections can be documented in the source?
##### SECTION Title #####
##### SECTION Short_Description #####
##### SECTION Long_Description #####
##### SECTION See_Also #####
And if so how? When looking at gtkdoc-scan it look like it extracts comments for MACROS, TYPEDEF'D FUNCTIONS, ENUMS, STRUCTS, UNIONS, VARIABLES (extern'ed variables), FUNCTIONS.
Is it gtkdoc-mktmpl that actually extracts data from source comments?

Ciao
  Stefan

Hi again,

still talking to myself (in the hope the archives are useful for those who experience this later).

its me again,

the examples show how to document functions, but I still don't understand how to
document the rest (defines, structs, enums etc.).

I've found that I can document those things in the tmpl/xxx.sgml files.
Comments related to functions although, are retrieved from the documentation. Is there any conses about if it would be desired or not to get more out of source-comments. Peronally I prefer to document in the source.

Ciao
  Stefan

It would be wonderful, if the article at
http://developer.gnome.org/arch/doc/authors.html
could be extendet to show how to document a full gobject.

ciao
  Stefan