Re: creating a doc from several lib

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 04:44, Vincent Torri wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 16:02, Vincent Torri wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks ! it works this way.
> > > I have also find another solution, which corresponds to my pb : i have
> > > more than two lib (~10) and i want to document some of them. I can ignore
> > > .h files with IGNORE_HFILES, but it is a pain, with so much headers...
> >
> > You can put directories into IGNORE_HFILES, if I recall correctly.
> >
> > Does that help?
> > 						Owen
>
> it does not seem to work : Suppose that i only have two libs. I tried to
> hide all the libs:
>
> DOC_SOURCE_DIR=top
> IGNORE_HFILES=  \
> 	lib1/   \
> 	lib2/
>
> but it does not hide directories (gtk-doc 1.1).

Have you tried it without the slashes. Making slashes like that
work would take extra code in gtk-doc that I don't think we have.

See glib/docs/reference/glib/Makefile.am for examples of ignoring
entire dirctories.

> the Makefile.am of the doc of gtk contains the line:
> FIXXREF_OPTIONS=--extra-dir=../gdk-pixbuf/html --extra-dir=../gdk/html
>
> Am I wrong to suppose that it allows the gtk doc to use links to
> functions that appear in the gdk(-pixbuf) doc ?
> It doesn't seems to work with my doc (i have described what i have done
> in my previous message)

I don't remember the details of the fixref stuff unfortunately. If you
look at, say:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-Drawing-Primitives.html#gdk-draw-pixbuf

though you'll see that links between libraries in the same tarball
do work one way or the other.

In general gtkdoc-fixref is fixing up links to the *installed*
documentation so that GTK+ can link to GLib, etc.

Regards,
						Owen