tagging output with gtk-doc version (was Re: Switch DSSSL stylesheets to new layout)

Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:

On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 10:48:57AM +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
[...]
I am also looking at making a simple patch to insert an extra <meta name="generator"> tag into the HTML output that will identify which version of gtk-doc the documentation was built with (which should be helpful for tracking bugs).

That sounds pretty useful.
I went ahead and implemented this. Seemed like a fairly useful and non-intrusive feature, so I checked it in. The HTML generated from SGML docs now has a second "generator" metadata element with "GTK-Doc V0.10 (SGML mode)" as the content. For XML docs, the content is "GTK-Doc V0.10 (XML mode)" (the version number comes from the configure.in script, so this doesn't add any hassle for doing releases).

If you are using mozilla, you can see the metadata associated with a page by pressing ctrl+I.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au              | Linux.conf.au   http://linux.conf.au/
WWW: http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ | Jan 22-25 Perth, Western Australia.