Re: gtk-doc xml patch (take 3)

Am Son, 2002-06-02 um 08.31 schrieb James Henstridge:

> I have attached a new version of my patch to get gtkdoc-mkhtml to use
> xsltproc when working with XML input.  I ported accross most of the
> visual aspects of the gtk-doc.dsl file.  It now does the navigation
> headers and footers, and shades the function prototypes and arg
> descriptions.

Ok, I've run a patched gtk-doc over the whole gtk lib stack, and it
seems to basically work fine - although I wouldn't confirm that xsltproc
is faster than jade on this task. Maybe we can do some profiling. One
broken thing I noticed is that the included cursor images in the gdk
manual are absurdly scaled up to be fullwidth. Another one is that the
big object hierarchy in the gtk manual has lost all links.

Conversion of the driver docs to use xinclude instead of entities was
straightforward except for gdk-pixbuf, where we're hurt by the inability
to define &gdk-pixbuf; and &imlib; for the whole document. I had to
expand the references in all included docs. One possibility to improve
this situation would be to copy the internal subset from the main file
to the generated files.

If nobody complains I will commit James' patch in a few days, together
with the xincludified glib, gobject, pango, gdk, gdk-pixbuf and gtk
drivers. Owen, this will probably mean you'll have to switch the doc
autobuilder on widget.gnome.org to the 2.0 branch, unless it has a
working, relatively uptodate libxslt and docbook-xsl-stylesheets.

Matthias