Re: patch to XML docbook output

Peter Williams wrote:

On Sun, 2002-06-02 at 06:18, James Henstridge wrote:
As I said in a previous mail, you need to put a correct DOCTYPE header at the top of the xinclude'd documents. With a correct doctype, it works for me (and my latest patches do put a correct doctype when generating XML docbook output). If this doesn't work for you, it would be good to find out why.

They have a doctype header that pointed to docbook xml 4.1.2... but
docbook isn't what defines &percent; and friends, right? My patch makes
it so that the doctype headers look like this:

<!DOCTYPE refentry PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD Docbook XML V4.1.2//EN" "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd"; [
 <!ENTITY hash "&#x23;">
 <!ENTITY percent "&#x25;">
]>

I was thinking this was the correct way to address Matthias' comments
about needing to support &percent; and &hash;.
Sorry, didn't check these. In the set of ISO entities that both the SGML and XML DocBook 4.1 DTDs define, the correct entities for these two are &percnt; (no second e) and &num;

James.

--
Email: james daa com au              | Linux.conf.au 2003 Call for Papers out
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/ |   http://conf.linux.org.au/cfp.html