Re: [gtk-list] 'args' in Gtk+

Lee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the process of writing docs for the RDP, I've come across "args"
> sections that I'm (presumably) supposed to document.
>
> Except I'm not quite certain how the whole "args" thing fits into the
> Gtk+ system.

Args are a way to dynamically query an object/widget about its properties,
and to get and set them.

So, for example, a GUI builder can load a plugin library containing widgets
it has no builtin knowledge of, yet it is able to manipulate the widgets
using Args.

> More importantly, I'm not sure what to say about the 'args' for a widget
> that won't already be said elsewhere in the docs.

Yes, it duplicates existing functionality. So you'll probably have to
duplicate the description (or link to the main description if it is very
long). See the GtkAlignment docs for an example.

Damon