Re: gtk on windows 10

On Fri, 9 Mar 2018, Kasper Peeters wrote:

I have successfully compiled a previously linux-only gtk-based program
on Windows 10 using the vcpkg packages. Things run, but the look is not
good yet.

What is the up-to-date status of getting gtk apps on Windows 10 to look
as native as possible? I tried a etc\gtk-3.0\settings.ini file with
content

  [Settings]
  gtk-theme-name=win32

which does give things a Windows 7ish look, but all window decorations
(close/max/min) are broken and show the default 'grey picture' icon.

This may not be what you want to hear ;-) But you get a nice, pretty-much-native appearance on Windows 10 out of the box when using gtk2 with the MS-Windows theme and the libwimp engine (which is the default on Windows). Latest version 2.24.32.

If you're using features specific to gtk3, of course, that won't do it for you.

Allin Cottrell