Re: GTK3 - GtkExpander problem, bug ?

On 6 March 2018 at 18:26, <gtk-devel-list-request gnome org> wrote:
Message: 1
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 03:16:59 +0100
From: S?bastien Le Roux <sebastien.leroux@ipcms.unistra.fr>
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org
Subject: GTK3 - GtkExpander problem, bug ?

Dear all thanks in advance for reading this,

I wrote a piece of code in GTK3, and I might have found an issue with
the GtkExpander widget,
shorter than a long text explanation, I attach to this email a screen
capture from a window from my program.
This window contains a bunch of GtkExpander, inside each a
GtkScrolledWindow that contains a GtkFixed,
each GtkFixed contains a series of GtkToggleButtons. (I can have a lot
of buttons piled up in there).
I tried several container widget other than the ScrolledWindow, but it
is the only one that offers to browse
the entire button list that my program will create.

The first time, I open/close one of the GtkExpander (1) everything works
fine, the button are working fine,
then if I open/close another GtkExpander (2) and re-open the first one I
lose information regarding the buttons,
some stop to function, for other the pointers for the callback are
damaged and the function will not work properly afterwards.
I noticed that I could even recall buttons located in the other expander
(2), basically at the location they were
appearing on the window before having expander (2) closed, like if the
two sets of buttons from the 2 expanders
 ?were overlapping/sharing positions somehow.

So there is no GTK signal used in all this window excepted for the
buttons, and a simple 'play' with the expanders
is messing everything up ... GDB and VALGRIND are not giving me any
error so ...
I figured that this was out of my skill range, hence this email.

I also attach to this message a piece of code to illustrate how I
generate the window from my picture, the part
the generate the button is missing but that it too big to included in
this message.

Finally I want to add that the almost the exact same code works just
fine with GTK2 ... if that helps.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Best regards.

Dr. S?bastien Le Roux

Please always mention your GTK+ exact version when reporting bugs. This sounds like a problem or two that I fixed a few point releases ago, probably 3.22.25 or so. What version is yours?