Re: fdwalk

Heyho,

I'm going to unsubscribe from the list now to avoid noise. If someone gets interested in this, please CC me in any response. Thanks!

--Markus

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 4:46 PM Markus Teich <mteich+gtk-devel-list google com> wrote:
Heyho,

I discovered you have a fdwalk implementation in glib/gspawn.c which is not exported as a usable symbol. Is there any reason for this? If not, I'd suggest exporting that symbol and maybe even another wrapper that takes a list of FDs to keep open instead of the callback pointer and closes all other ones. Closing all fds except some specific ones is a common pattern before exec()ing.

--Markus

--
Google Germany GmbH, Erika-Mann-Str. 33, 80636 München, Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado, Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
This e-mail is confidential. If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it has gone to the wrong person.