Re: Functional programming with GLib

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 4:59 AM, Tristan Van Berkom <tristan vanberkom codethink co uk> wrote:

Some things that I'm finding important for CLI apps:

A.) Automatic generation of man pages and similar documentation,
    especially generating separate man pages for each separate sub
    command.

    I'm not even sure, do we have this already ?

I fail to see the value of a man page that just repeats what --help already tells me.  Why is this useful ?

B.) Built-in support for bash completions, allowing optional overrides
    for the application to implement custom completion suggestions
    for selected options/arguments.

This on the other hand, is very useful. But hard to do in a way that is generic enough for all possible styles of
commandline interface that people have built with GOption. Do you have a suggestion for this ?