Re: Building glib-genmarshal (while building glib)

On 15/08/2017 11:56, John Emmas wrote:

if I modify that command to substitute the new 'gdbus-codegen' (rather than the older 'gdbus-codegen.in') I get build errors.  I'm guessing that maybe the command itself needs to be modified now?  Or if it looks okay to you guys, I'll supply some more information about the errors I'm seeing.

Am I right in thinking that the gdbus-godegen stuff does still need to get built (i.e. generated)?  Here's the command that I'm using:-

      python "gdbus-2.0/codegen/gdbus-codegen" --interface-prefix org. \
                 --generate-c-code gdbus-daemon-generated --c-namespace _G dbus-daemon.xml

Is there anyone building on Windows who could try that command for me?
As long as the relevant paths are set up, it'll work from a Command Prompt (though you'd need to get rid of the backslash and put everything on the same line).

I run it from this folder:-

      <my GTK+ master folder>\Glib\gio

The script ran fine with my older version of gdbus-codegen (and still does)  But it won't work with the latest version  :-(

In case it's any help, it seems to be bombing out at line 196 of 'codegen_main.py' - where I get this output:-

      line 196, in codegen_main
            gen = codegen.CodeGenerator(all_ifaces,
      AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'CodeGenerator'

Thanks...

John