Re: Catalog of GObject-specific design patterns?

On 8/11/2017 5:16 AM, Arnaud wrote:
Hi Sébastien,

thx for this post ! I'm a newby with GObject, and I'm always happy to
learn bits here and there.

As for using the `g_object_set_data()` like you do, it's something I
always tried to stay away from, because it seems to me that everything
becomes possible with that, and there's probably plenty of mistakes to
be made ;) On the other hand, there must be some situations where it's
the only solution. I'd be curious to know what the old-timers think
about it, when to use it and when to avoid it.

GTK+ uses g_object_set_data() (though usually in its g_object_set_data_full()
form) internally, a lot.

--
O< ascii ribbon - stop html email! - http://arc.pasp.de/