Re: [glib] malloc and bdwgc

On 01/11/2016 11:53 PM, Thomas Martitz wrote:
Yes, but the point of my previous email is that the third-party
GC_malloc() might eventually call malloc() itself, and by defining a
malloc() in my program, GC_malloc() will again call into my malloc() and
then GC_malloc() until stack overflow. Do you think this will happen?

You can write your application in a shared library and then make your
primary executable an application loader. dlopen() after you've setup
your GC.

Some commercial products did something similar to this to deal with
bundled vs. user supplied gtk+ as well as glibc band-aids, etc.

As for mono, it doesn't use GMemVTable.

-- Christian