Re: I'm done with O_CLOEXEC

On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 9:39 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
Before we can have constructive arguments, we first need to understand
what you are actually proposing. Most of your mail was an extended
whine about inadequacies of posix in general, and fd inheritance in
particular. Jasper asked the right question:

Will you accept patches that add cloexec-correctness where it is
missing, in the future ?

Are you actually suggesting that we rip out all code that is currently
doing the right thing, cloexec-wise ?

From Ryan's original email:

So: starting today I'm going to stop worrying about O_CLOEXEC being set
on every file descriptor that GLib creates.  I'm not going to go and
retroactively tear things out where they are already working, unless it
would provide a substantial cleanup or fixes an actual bug.  I'm not
just going to go around looking for #ifdefs to remove.

So, I would say no.

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan