Re: I'm done with O_CLOEXEC

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015, at 23:33, Matthias Clasen wrote:
So,  you found that dup3 doesn't do what you want, and now you want to
throw out the baby with the bathwater and just say "I don't care
anymore if we leak fds" ?

dup3() was a bit of a "straw that broke the camel's back" case.  I could
point at the existence of g_unix_open_pipe() as a similarly ridiculous
case, or many others.

I'm also not impressed by the inaccurate categorisation.  I thought I
explained fairly clearly why I believe that leaked fds will _not_ be the
case, even without O_CLOEXEC.

I was looking for some slightly more constructive arguments...

Cheers