Re: Should we drop XP?

If you're still running Windows XP in 2015 then you should not really
aim for upgrading to bleeding edge dependencies; the previous releases
of GLib and GTK+ would still work for you.

There are three parties here:
    - the gtk+ developers
    - the application developers (I am certainly not using XP myself)
    - the users of the applications (and you can't go to a large company and tell
      them to upgrade all their machines).

I was just giving the point of view of the middle party, caught between people
who legitimately want to drop XP, and those that are forced to keep using it
for a while longer.