Re: Improve word boundaries for text widgets

On Sat, Oct 04, 2014 at 08:54:03PM +0200, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
On Sat, Oct 04, 2014 at 02:10:02PM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
My main motiviation is that 'we follow TR29' is much better in terms
of documenting it, testing it and diagnosing bugs in than 'do what vim
does'.

That would work if TR29 specifies clearly the different word boundaries
to use for the different features. But it is not the case. Instead, TR29
specifies generic word boundaries that should be tailored for the
different features, and the tailoring is left as an exercise for the
reader.

For what it's worth, LibreOffice Writer also takes into account the
punctuation for word movements and word selection.