Re: Removing global variables

"VST like plugins" - elaborate please.

I am sure one can handle pretty much anything using g_main_context fun, but please provide more information on what you want to achieve exactly.

Best

Bernhard

On Nov 26, 2014 2:42 PM, "Alexandre Bique" <bique alexandre gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote:
> You can run any number of event loops in a process. You can only run 1 GTK main loop.

So can I run one event loop in a thread, do my UI without having a
gtk_main_loop?

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Paul Davis <paul linuxaudiosystems com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 3:16 PM, Alexandre Bique <bique alexandre gmail com>
> wrote:
>> I need that for implement plugin's UI, like VST plugins.
> GTK (and all other desktop, non-statically linkable toolkits) are a
> particularly poor engineering choice for these types of plugins.

So what do you advise? Don't you think that it is a little be sad to
not be able use gtk for plugins UI? Could gtk be improved to fit this
use case?

Thanks,
--
Alexandre Bique