Re: _gdk_win32_selection_convert_to_dib

On 07/05/2014 11:41, Fan Chun-wei wrote:
Hi John,

I took a quick look at this, the reason is because the line occurred before the variable decalarations (this is something Visual C++ before version 2013 doesn't like), so if you declare the variables first (don't do anything to them), then do the check, then assign these variables, then this would be fixed.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Fan. That sounds quite plausinble. Historically, MSVC has tended to be quite strict about where the variables get declared if the file's extension is ".c" so that's a good analysis.

Sorry, I don't have time to post a patch/commit for this until tomorrow, but if anyone does that before me, I'd be quite happy as well.

It does seem that this fix is needed for gtk-3-12 and master as well.

That'll be great.  Thanks!

John