Re: libsoup + gsettings-desktop-schemas for server code

Can we do that without breaking backwards compatibility? For instance, if I have an old proxy config, and I upgrade to a new glib-networking / libsoup, will I, as a user, have to re-set it for the new path layouts? Do we have a migration tool to fix things like this?

(My local copy of glib actually has those deprecation warnings commented out, because nobody has fixed them and they're difficult to fix without breaking things, and warnings that nobody will ever fix is bad)

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 9:59 AM, Dan Winship <danw gnome org> wrote:
On 03/03/2014 09:40 AM, Colin Walters wrote:
> 1) Split off some of the core settings like org.gnome.system.proxy into
> gsettings-core-settings or something

The current proxy settings (and maybe some of the others in
gsettings-desktop-schemas) cause warnings every time you install a new
schema, because they still use an old GConf-style path
(/system/network/proxy) rather than reverse-DNS-style.

Also, the proxy settings have a ton of deprecated and/or unused keys,
and it's not currently possible to configure proxies in certain ways.

So... if we're going to do anything with the proxy schemas, we should
move/rename and reorganize them at the same time.

-- Dan