Re: GtkWidget:halign and GtkSizeGroup

hi;

On 18 July 2014 14:24, Tristan van Berkom <tristan upstairslabs com> wrote:

I'm trying to replace a use of the deprecated GtkMisc:xalign property
with the newer GtkWidget:halign property with some labels that are in a
GtkSizeGroup. The (GTK_ALIGN_START) alignment doesn't seem to be having
any effect, though it does when work using the deprecated xalign
property.

What would work is to place each GtkLabel into its own "box", use the halign properties on those labels and
use the size groups on each label's "box".

or, since it's a custom layout manager:

I can't just use a GtkGrid because I am actually using a custom
container in my application.

you should update your container to honour the GtkWidget alignment
flags when allocating its children, like GtkBox, GtkGrid, and other
containers inside GTK+ do.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--