Re: where i find a manual for write a wm in gtk3 ?

Except you can't. GTK+ will deadlock your WM if you try to use it, unless you do it very carefully (read: add 5000 lines of code, fake out GDK all over the place, and implement an entire confusing state machine).

You can't use GTK+ to build a WM.

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 2:18 AM, Andy Spencer <andy753421 gmail com> wrote:
On 2014-02-26 21:55Z, major_ghz wrote:
> i follow the begining of GTK-3 Reference Manual, but explan only for
> an application in gtk3
>
> not for write a litle wm.
>
> can you help me for begining this projet ?

All the other people who told you not to do this are probably correct,
but since you did ask a specific question, I'll at least try to answer.

Before you write an WM in GTK you'll want to learn how to write a WM
without GTK. Start with some existing simple window managers and learn
how they works (e.g. what SubstructureRedirectMask does). xcb would be
better, but xlib will be easier just because there's more examples. Then
once you have something that runs and manages windows, you can think
about adding GTK to it to do title bar drawing, or context menu's, or
whatever it is that you want to use GTK for.