GFileMonitor limit or g_signal_connect() connexions handling ?

Hello everyone,

I'm using Glib 2.26 and I'm playing a bit with GFileMonitor. I'm trying to monitor several
directories. It seems that the system works fine for a few directories (123 for instance)
but this does not work with more directories (19350 for instance).

Basically I'm using g_file_monitor call. The call does not raise any error. Then I connect
a callback function to the "changed" signal of each monitor. I seems that this function is
not called when there too much directories monitored. Yo can see my code here :
https://github.com/dupgit/sauvegarde/blob/master/monitor/monitor.c

I'm trying to understand what is happening.

Is there a limit to the numbers of monitored directories ?
How are handled those signal connections to the callback function ?

Thanks for any hints,

Olivier.