Re: a new combo box

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 2:26 AM, Philip Chimento <philip chimento gmail com> wrote:
Assuming that questions on Stack Overflow are an approximate poll of what application authors do - many application authors go to the documentation and do exactly that. (And often don't bother to read any further - I've often enough seen questions about a deprecated widget such as GtkList which was selected purely based on its name.)

We are getting a bit off the topic of the thread, but this is an interesting observation.

Can you link to some examples of this? I would be curious why that is the case - i.e. which medium was used to consult the documentation, because on the website deprecated classes are quite clearly marked in a separate section at the bottom of the reference (https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/unstable/).

Cosimo